Limited Dan Kubin Purple + Gold V3R Sidewinder - Workhorse Irons
By buying this product you can collect up to 92 loyalty points. Your cart will total 92 points that can be converted into a voucher of €9.20.
* Limited HD purple HD powder-coated brass frame
* 24 carat gold plated parts
* 24 carat gold plated engine cover (finish may vary)
* DK Thumbscrew, new armature rod and updated race wheel for improved performance
* The renowned rotary liner. Effortlessly sinks any size line just by rubbing against the skin.
* The engine is the same as the Sidewinder V2-V4, which has stood the test of time. It has been a lifelong favourite of Sidewinder collectors.
* Vice-Lock that tightens easily on almost any pipe
* Excellent for all varieties of in-line work or as a quick shader/packer
* Timing mark on cam and frame to adjust the impact screw (same as V5 and V6)
* Numbered stroke dial so you can easily play with the stroke without fear of missing that sweet spot. You can't make it too long or too short
* Standard needle on bar: wrap a thick rubber band around the engine cover and across the front of the machine to add tension to the needle bar. Thick rubber bands and Dan's perfect nipples are recommended
* Cartridges: Wrap a rubber band around the motor cover and over the top of the needle bar to counteract the upward tension of the cartridge. Both thick and standard rubbers work, it will just depend on the tension of the cartridge membrane or rubber to determine which rubber provides the right counter resistance
"It is now one year into our cooperative effort with the V3R. Based on what I have learned this past year, and what my customers have expressed, I have made some updates to the V3R. First, you will now have the coveted DK thumbscrew! Secondly, I've placed the most crucial and misunderstood adjustment item, the impact screw, on the front. Accompanied by a hardened steel impact pin, the machine will be easier to readjust, and will keep its tuning much longer. For the A-bar, I used some tricks from the V7 to reduce splash and make it hit a little stiffer at the lower end. I also added the backing springs as well to prevent spring breakage.
These updates are in addition to the updated 2019 version which still has the same reliable and proven geometry as the original v3, but now revised and remastered with subtle differences to improve overall performance. This is the most user-friendly Sidewinder yet. The differences, apart from aesthetics, is the numbered race wheel, an impact screw timing mark on the cam and frame (like the v5-6). In addition, I made a new spring-loaded screw locking configuration that effortlessly holds your tube. The race wheel is indexed to 10 positions, and numbered accordingly.
Thanks. Dan ".