Legacy Edition Dan Kubin Gold V3R Sidewinder Workhorse Irons
*This is a special edition Sidewinders built with the original V3R armour bar for an even heavier hit and a slightly different feel from the current V3R version.
*This is a special edition Sidewinders built with the original V3R armature bar for an even heavier hit and a slightly different feel from the current V3R version.
* 24k gold plated brass frame (* Finish may vary)
* Black DK thumbscrew and blackened brass OG armature bar
* The renowned rotary liner. Effortlessly sinks any size line just by rubbing against the skin.
* The motor is the same as the Sidewinder V2-V4, which has stood the test of time. It has been a lifelong favourite of Sidewinder collectors.
* Vice-Lock that tightens easily on almost any pipe.
* Ideal for all types of line work or as a quick shader/packer.
* Timing mark on the cam and frame to adjust the impact screw (Same as V5 and V6)
**Special note, the timing marks on the Legacy Edition machine are slightly off due to the use of the OG armature on the newer frames. The downward stroke (from below) should be just outside the timing mark on the high side. If you go much lower than that you will know how you will make contact with the top of the frame with the armature.
* The numbered stroke dial allows you to easily play with the stroke without fear of missing the sweet spot. You can't make it too long or too short. Small numbers are ideal for small groupings, large numbers for large groupings. Machines are tuned and shipped on setting 5, some never adjust this, some do, user preference.
* Standard needle on bar: wrap a thick rubber band around the motor cover and across the front of the machine to add tension to the needle bar. Thick rubber bands and Dan's Perfect nipples are recommended.
* Cartridges: Wrap a rubber band around the engine cover and over the top of the armature bar to counteract the upward tension of the cartridge. Both thick and standard rubber bands will work, it will just depend on the tension of the cartridge membrane or rubber band to determine which rubber band provides adequate counter resistance.
*Completely black oxidised.
*Please note that the brass will peak though over time where it sees heavy wear, adding to its character.
"Special Edition Legacy Sidewinder with armature bar and OG V3R springs on the new updated frame with DK Thumbscrew included! These Legacy machines are a little quieter and geared more towards being effortless with a stronger tip stroke. These Legacy machines are intended for experienced tattooers, their happy place is for 7-14 Liners. Also, please note that the position of the rubber band is another simple adjustment item. For low voltage operations, or a heavier stroke, position the band pointing slightly upwards. This will reduce the tension on the return spring making it work better at slower speeds and decreasing the amount of give. The bonus is less tension on the rubber band.
These updates are in addition to the updated 2019 version which still has the same reliable and proven geometry as the original v3, but now revised and remastered with subtle differences to improve overall performance. This is the most user-friendly Sidewinder yet. The differences, apart from aesthetics, is the numbered race wheel, an impact screw timing mark on the cam and frame (like the v5-6). In addition, I have made a new vice spring locking configuration that effortlessly clamps down your tube. The race wheel is indexed at 10 positions, and numbered accordingly."
Thanks for looking - Dan.