Legacy Edition Dan Kubin Black Brass V3R Sidewinder - Workhorse Irons
By buying this product you can collect up to 85 loyalty points. Your cart will total 85 points that can be converted into a voucher of €8.50.
* Black oxide brass frame (*Finish may vary)
* Black DK thumbscrew and polished brass OG armature bar
* The renowned rotary liner. Effortlessly sinks any size line just by rubbing against the skin.
* The motor is the same as the Sidewinder V2-V4, which has proven the test of time. It is a long-time favourite of Sidewinder collectors.
* Vice-Lock that tightens easily on almost any pipe
* Excellent for all varieties of in-line work or as a quick shader/packer
* Timing mark on cam and frame to adjust the impact screw. (Same as V5 and V6) **Special note, Legacy Edition machine timing marks are slightly off due to the use of OG armature on newer frames. The downstroke timing mark should be just outside the timing mark on the high side. If you go much lower you will know it as you will contact the top of the frame with the armature
* Numbered stroke mark so you can easily play with the stroke without fear of missing that sweet spot. You can't make it too long or too short. Small number setting is ideal for small groupings, large numbers for large groupings. Machines are tuned and shipped on the 5 setting, some never adjust this, some do, user preference.
* Standard needle on bar: wrap a thick rubber band around the motor cover and across the front of the machine to add tension to the needle bar. Thick rubber bands and Dan's perfect nipples are recommended
* Cartridges: Wrap a rubber band around the motor cover and over the top of the needle bar to counteract the upward tension of the cartridge. Both thick and standard rubber bands will work, it will just depend on the tension of the cartridge membrane or rubber band to determine which rubber band gives the right counter resistance
*As has been done with black oxide.
*Please note that brass will peak over time where there is heavy wear, which adds to its character.
"It is now one year into our cooperative effort with V3R. Based on what I've learned this past year, and what my customers have expressed, I've made some updates to the V3R. First, you will now have the coveted DK thumbscrew! Secondly, I've placed the most crucial and misunderstood adjustment item, the impact screw, on the front. Accompanied by a hardened steel impact pin, the machine will be easier to readjust, and will keep its tuning much longer. For the A-bar, I used some tricks from the V7 to reduce splash and make it hit a little stiffer at the lower end. I also added the backing springs as well to prevent spring breakage.
These updates are in addition to the updated 2019 version which still has the same reliable and proven geometry as the original v3, but now revised and remastered with subtle differences to improve overall performance. This is the most user-friendly Sidewinder yet. The differences, apart from aesthetics, is the numbered race wheel, an impact screw timing mark on the cam and frame (like the v5-6). In addition, I made a new spring-loaded screw-lock configuration that effortlessly holds your tube. The race wheel is indexed to 10 positions, and numbered accordingly.
Thanks. Dan ".