Dan Kubin Gold Verdigris Patina V3R Sidewinder - Workhorse Irons
- Limited Verdigris Patina Brass Frames (*Finish may vary)
- 24k Gold Plated Parts and Motor Cap
- DK Thumbscrew, new Armature Bar, and updated Stroke Wheel for improved performance
- The renowned rotary liner. Effortlessly sink any size line by just grazing the skin.
- The motor is the same as the V2-V4 Sidewinder, which has proven the test of time. It has been a favorite of the long time Sidewinder collectors.
- Vice-Lock that easily tightens on nearly any tube
- Great for all varieties of Line Work or as a Fast Shader/Packer
- Timing mark on the cam and frame for setting the impact screw. (Just like the V5 and V6)
- Numbered stroke dial so you can easily play with the stroke without fear of losing that sweet spot. You can’t make it too long or too short.
*For Standard Rod Needle: wrap a thick rubber band around the motor cover and across the front of the machine to add tension to the needle bar. It is recommended to use thick rubber bands and Dan's perfect nipples.
*With Cartridges: Wrap a rubber band around the motor cover and over the top of the needle bar to counteract the upward tension of the cartridge. Both thick and standard rubbers work, it will just depend on the tension of the cartridge membrane or rubber to determine which rubber provides adequate counter resistance.
"It is now one year into our cooperative effort with the V3R. Based on what I have learned this past year, and what my customers have expressed, I have made some updates to the V3R. First, you will now have the coveted DK thumbscrew! Secondly, I've placed the most crucial and misunderstood adjustment item, the impact screw, on the front. Accompanied by a hardened steel impact pin, the machine will be easier to readjust, and will keep its tuning much longer. For the A-bar, I used some tricks from the V7 to reduce splash and make it hit a little stiffer at the lower end. I also added the backing springs as well to prevent spring breakage.
These updates are in addition to the updated 2019 version which still has the same reliable and proven geometry as the original v3, but now revised and remastered with subtle differences to improve overall performance. This is the most user-friendly Sidewinder yet. The differences, apart from aesthetics, is the numbered race wheel, an impact screw timing mark on the cam and frame (like the v5-6). In addition, I made a new spring-loaded screw locking configuration that effortlessly holds your tube. The race wheel is indexed to 10 positions, and numbered accordingly.
Thanks. Dan ".